THURSDAY - INDUSTRY OVERVIEW and NETWORKING WORKSHOP
Pick up service from LAX
3:00 - 5:00 PM
Check-in and mentor meet up
3:30 - 5:00 PM
Improv - One of the most important classes on your resume! This is a fun and inviting class to get campers out of their shell, but we will explain why improv is one of the most important classes on your resume. It’s an essential part to networking, auditioning and building acting skills
Welcome to Hollywood: Dinner and ‘Business for Actors’ Overview
Networking Workshop! From a simple thank you note to approaching an executive at an event, we’ll address how, when and why to connect. Today you’ll begin The 30 Day Networking Challenge
. Radically improve your networking success with a challenge consisting of 30 days of tasks of varying degrees of difficulty, some online, some offline, some you can do on your own, some to include friends and family.
FRIDAY - OPTIMIZE YOUR SOCIAL AND DIGITAL BRAND / CREATE OR UPDATE YOUR ONLINE MARKETING TOOLS
8:00 – 10:00 AM
- SEVERAL INDUSTRY PANEL GUEST and Q&A: What is a brand / How do I find mine/ What tools do I need to build a digital brand/ How can good digital branding help me get acting jobs/ Can social media cost me an acting job/ We address how work online with safety in mind.
10:30 – 5:00 PM
(Workshop and production rotation)
12:00PM – 1:00 PM
- Build an Actors Website- Work with a designer to build or update your acting website
- The SocialStar Creator Camp team works with actors to optimize their social media channels
- Let’s Review Your Acting Platforms - Work with casting associates to optimize your Actors Access, Backstage and other sites for actors to post and seek work
- Stay proactive! How to begin a professional acting career from anywhere in the world by seeking out and summiting to casting and production companies
- Work on audition for Saturday’s Agents Panel
- Production: Film a scene for your reel and complete a headshot session (for your website/platforms)
7:00 PM COMPETITION FUN! Game Trucks and Lazer Tag
SATURDAY - A DAY OF CANDID DISCUSSIONS: HOLLYWOOD AGENTS and ACTORS GET REAL
9:00 – 11:30 AM
FIVE Hollywood agents take the stage for an invaluable discussion on good, bad and indifferent perspectives on issues concerning actors pursuing work and seeking representation. Each actor will then perform a short piece for agent feedback.
TOUR AND TAKE A CLASS - Those who are not performing will tour and take an acting class at the Stellar Adler Conservatory
Lunch Hollywood and Highland - See the Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
1:00 - 3:00 PM
Time Out for Fun in Hollywood
Dinner and industry discussion with a famous actor
This schedule is subject to adjustments.
SUNDAY - IT’S ‘ALL ABOUT YOU’ DAY! YOUR PERSONLIZED BUSINESS ACTING PLAN ON PAPER
8:00 – 10:00 AM
Acting Class Sampler: A Fun an Interactive Morning of Classes. We will explore various types of training and discuss how they help film actors grow creatively and professionally
10:00 – 12:00N
Audition Workshop with a Major Casting Director. We will explore the audition and casting process through a frank discussion and an interactive exercise
12:00 – 1:00 PM
2:00 - 4:00 PM
Career Planning Workshop: Staying Motivated with a Goal Board, Review the Acting Career Questionaire Completed with Your Parents Prior to Camp
Discussion With Your Mentor: Let's address questions and hurdles!
(oops, we mean…) ACTORS WITH A PLAN!